Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review: The Survivors Club

I've officially read my first detective novel. It was advertised as on sale on the front of my Kindle and the reviews left me intrigued.

The Survivors Club
Written by:
J. Carson Black

Published: October 15th, 2013
I Completed: January 19th, 2014
My Rating: 4/5 stars

So this was my first attempt at reading a detective novel.  It follows Detective Tess McCrae and her search for the person who murdered (seriously brutal!!) a retired cop.

It took me a while to get into the book because there are so many characters.  At one point I was a bit dizzy from trying to keep up :)

Once I got into the flow of everything, it totally pulled me in.  So many things happen in this book, and it was all wrapped up very neatly by the end.  I'm a big fan of series, but I enjoyed this one-off novel.  You get a look through the eyes of almost every character in the book, but mainly it was through the eyes of Tess.  I wasn't quite sure where the book was going to go, and the end got me!  I thought it was entertaining and thrilling.

And not to give anything away - Tess has a sneaking suspicion that the murder is related to others.  These murders happen to people who have survived outrageous incidents and then die in a related way - hence the title of the book.

Currently I'm reading Gone Girl, so expect a post on that in a few days (it's pretty spectacular!!).

Has anyone read The Survivors Club?   If you do, I'd love to know your opinion.  And if you have Amazon Prime, you can borrow it for free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment