Friday, January 24, 2014

Movie Review: Gravity

I'm trying hard to watch as many of the Oscar nominated movies before the big night.  Ideally I would love to write a post about who I think will win and I would like my choice to be as educated as possible.  There are two Best Picture nominations that I have (or had) no interest in seeing.  Her and Gravity....

Gravity



Released: October 4th, 2013
Watched: January 16th, 2014
My Rating: 6/10 stars

Starring:
Sandra Bullock and George Clooney

Director
Alfonso Cuarón

Now the reason I had no interest in seeing this movie was because the premise scared me.  Like, actually scared me.  Not like Freddie Kruger's going to get me, but more like - holy shit, floating in space, terrible fear, no thank you.

Once you sit for a few minutes (knowing bad things are going to happen) it's not that bad.

I thought the movie was "MEH".  It was an absolutely stunning film.  The cinematography was beautiful.  But the premise just wasn't for me.  Bullock did a good job, but not better than I've seen her before.  And Clooney played Clooney.  Debonaire, ladies man - knows how cute he is.

The one "plot twist" there was in the movie - I immediately called so even that didn't entertain me.



This is not necessarily a movie that I would want to watch again - I.E. if it's on TV one day.  But if you're a fan of stunning cinematography I'd recommend this to you.

Anyone disagree with me? Did you like it? Were you too scared to watch it?




2 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought when I saw a preview for this was Oh, Hell No. Worst fear is suffocating/drowning to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Petrified. Space is not somewhere I'd want to travel.

      Delete