Monday, April 21, 2014

Movie Review: Muppets Most Wanted

 Muppets Most Wanted

Released: March 21, 2014
Watched: April 18th, 2014
My Rating: 7/10 stars

Starring:
Tina Fey, Ty Burrell and Ricky Gervais

Director:
James Bobin

Now, it's no secret that I didn't grow up watching the Muppets.  I knew who they were, but never really watched them or Sesame Street growing up.  I did, however, watch Fraggle Rock.  So I'm familiar with the puppetry.

When the new Muppets movie came out in 2011, I joined two of my favorite people to watch it in the theatre.  They both grew up watching, and loved everything Muppets.

All I knew is that I would be entertained, and soon meet my favorite Muppet.

It's also no secret that I love a good pun.  Therefore, my favorite Muppet (everyone has a favorite) was destined to be Fozzie Bear

I fell in love with the characters and storylines after watching the rebooted franchise, and proceeded to immerse myself into everything Muppet and become a fan (better late than never!).

When the sequel came out, my friend (HI TIM!) and I knew we would have to go see it.  Unfortunately I was in NC much longer than originally anticipated, so we had to wait a few weeks until we actually saw it.


This past Friday, we actually got our act together, and finally got to go see it.

Underwhelmed.

Tina Fey was great - Ty Burrell was great - Rickey Gervais was okay....

But the story line was meh.  There were definitely parts that we laughed at and ended up repeating, but as a whole - I think we were both expecting more.  The songs weren't as catchy - and we never really got to see a Muppet Show.

Not to mention - near the end of the movie, and guy opened up the theatre door and yelled "Suck my dick, Bitch!" so at one point I thought I was going to die while watching a not so great sequel.

I'll definitely watch it again when it's released, but I think the last movie was so well thought out and so well done, that I didn't realize how high my expectations were set.  Originally I was going to rate the movie a 6, but just didn't have the heart.

Side note, I decided while watching the movie that I'm pretty sure I need a stuffed Fozzie...so if anyone is feeling generous...hahahaha ;)

Best line (which, please correct me if I'm wrong) - "You've waka-ed your last waka!"

Has anyone else seen it? Do you want to?


No comments:

Post a Comment