Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Reviews: Potpourri

So there are a few reviews that I never got to writing.  I created the posts for the blogs I wanted to write - but do to becoming busy - and not sitting down to do it, I never got around to them. So I figured I would just write a quick summary for the ones I've missed.


TV:
Raising Hope
Rating: 8/10 Stars
If you haven't seen this show yet, you should totally check it out. I feel like it was a dark horse, and I'm happy that there were 4 seasons, but I'm sad because there could have been more.  Burt, Virginia and MaMaw were some of the best characters on television.

Movies:

Neighbors

Rating: 7/10 Stars
This was a pretty funny movie.  Efron played quite an obnoxious frat dude, while Rogen and Byrne played two pretty adorable (and sometimes extremely stupid) new parents.  If you want to laugh, give it a try.
 

The Lego Movie

 Rating: 9/10 Stars


 I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.  I had extremely low expectations when I saw the first ad. How the hell were they going to make a movie on the concept of Legos? Well, they did, and it was fantastic!!! Beware the Kragle!!


X-Men: Days of Future Past

Rating: 10/10 Stars
By far the best superhero movie I've ever seen.  I could rewatch this over and over.  The acting was superb as well as the storyline.  But if you're one of those people who likes to nitpick with details when time traveling is involved, skip this.

22 Jump Street 
Rating: 9/10 Stars
This was great! The first movie was all about making fun of itself for being a movie remake of an old TV show.  Well this was all about making fun of itself for being a sequel.  The bits during the credits were also pretty fantastic!


Book Thief
Rating: 8/10 StarsGiven as much content as this had in the book - I thought they did a great job transitioning it into a movie.  The cast was done quite perfectly in my opinion - and gave me all the same feels I had when reading the book.

Maleficent
Rating: 7/10 Stars
Very interesting take on the whole fairy tale.  Looking through the point of view of the villain is something most of us have thought about, but this actually did it.  I am not the biggest Jolie fan - but even she was tolerable in this one.


Guardians of the Galaxy
Rating: 9/10 Stars
Great cast. Great Jokes. Great Storyline. Fantastic soundtrack!! Enough said. Go see this!

Let's Be Cops
Rating: 8/10 StarsI didn't have the highest hopes for this movie - but I love me some Jake Johnson.  It exceeded my expectations very much.  I laughed a whole bunch, and I did figure out the ending, almost to a T. But I like when I can do that.  I'd recommend to someone who wants to laugh.

They Came Together
Rating: 6/10 StarsI'm not even sure I finished this.  They tried extremely hard to be "different" that I was annoyed by it.  I love Poehler and Rudd, but this was a dud for me. (haha, I made a rhyme).


So are there any movies you guys disagree with me about, or any that you think I should check out? I'd love to know what you're thoughts are!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like Jolie either, but I thought she was really good for that part. I need to see The Lego Movie and a few more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Lego Movie was spectacular! you both would most likely love it. lots of hidden stuff for the adults!

      Delete