Friday, June 13, 2014

Movie Review: Pompeii

Originally - I had no intention of watching the movie Pompeii...but the more I thought about it, the more intrigued I was.

Pompeii
Released: February 21, 2014
Watched: May 2014
My Rating: 7/10 stars

Starring:
Kit Harington, Emily Browning, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Kiefer Sutherland

Director:
Paul W.S. Anderson

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this movie before I watched it.  I guess I was expecting an okay-ish action story. But I feel like since I was not expecting much, that my expectations were greatly exceeded.

Helloooooo Jon Snow!!

The real story of Pompeii is pretty fascinating.  I got lost in the wiki pages after I watched the movie. I highly recommend looking into the history of it all.  And who knew it happened so long ago...79 A.D.  I thought it was later than that.

This movie was basically Titanic - but with a volcano instead of an iceburg.  We all know how it ends - but it's still fun to watch.  It was a good action movie - had a pretty great big bad (Keifer) and a love story that made you root for them (Kit and Emily).

If you're looking for a fun, action-packed movie, this one will certainly fulfill your wishes.

Also - Jon Snow...erm...Kit Harrington proves his worth as a leading man.  He impressed me with his role - and his abs.  Oy!

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment